What's new

Databases Error 500 Laravel 8 Deployment in hostinger

Soobin_ms

Eternal Poster
Established
Solutions
Reaction
Help.
I am deploying my laravel 8 project to hostinger.
I extracted all files na.
I extracted the public folder to public_html
Uploaded na database
Edited na env at htaccess files.
But it shows 500 error

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing a 500 error while deploying your Laravel 8 project on Hostinger. Let's troubleshoot this step by step to identify the issue.

1. Check Error Logs:
The first step is to check the error logs to get more information about what is causing the 500 error. You can usually find error logs in the error_log file in the root directory of your hosting account or by accessing the logs through the hosting control panel.

2. File Permissions:
Ensure that the file permissions are set correctly. In a Laravel project, the storage and bootstrap/cache directories need to be writable by the web server. You can set the correct permissions using the following commands:
Code:
   chmod -R 775 storage
   chmod -R 775 bootstrap/cache

3. Check .htaccess File:
Make sure that the .htaccess file in the root directory of your Laravel project is correctly configured. Here is a sample .htaccess file for Laravel:
Code:
   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
       <IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
           Options -MultiViews -Indexes
       </IfModule>

RewriteEngine On

# Redirect Trailing Slashes If Not A Folder...
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
       RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ /$1 [L,R=301]

# Handle Front Controller...
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
       RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]
   </IfModule>

4. Check PHP Version:
Ensure that your hosting environment meets the minimum PHP version required by Laravel 8 (PHP >= 7.3). You can check the PHP version by creating a phpinfo.php file with the following content and accessing it through your browser:
Code:
php
   <?php phpinfo();

5. Clear Configuration Cache:
If you have made changes to your .env file, try clearing the configuration cache by running the following command in the terminal:
Code:
   php artisan config:cache

6. Database Configuration:
Double-check your database configuration in the .env file. Ensure that the database host, name, username, and password are correct.

7. Optimize Autoloader:
Run the following command to optimize the autoloader:
Code:
   composer dump-autoload

After performing these steps, if you are still facing the 500 error, please check the error logs for more specific information about what might be causing the issue. Feel free to share the error message from the logs here so we can assist you further.

Back